Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF : Do you want to download Stations of the Cross 2022 in PDF format? If your answer is yes, then you are at the right place. Use the link below to download Pdf.
Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF Details
Stations of the Cross 2022
|No. of Pages||18|
|Category||Religion & Spirituality|
Stations of the Cross 2022
The Stations of the Cross, also known as the Way of the Cross, are a series of 14 paintings or sculptures depicting episodes in Christ’s Passion, from his sentencing by Pontius Pilate to his enthronement. The following is a list of the stations:
- Jesus has been sentenced to death.
- He is compelled to carry his cross.
- He is knocked down for the first time.
- He runs into his mum.
- The crucifixion is forced upon Simon of Cyrene.
- Veronica wipes the tears from Jesus’ eyes.
- He is knocked down for the second time.
- Jerusalem’s ladies grieve for Jesus.
- He is knocked down for the third time.
- His clothes are taken away from him.
- He’s been nailed on a cross,
- He is crucified and dies.
- He is removed off the cross.
- He is laid to rest in a sepulchre. The paintings are commonly hung on the inside walls of churches or chapels, but they can also be found in cemeteries, hospital hallways, religious buildings, and even on mountaintops.
Early Christian pilgrims who visited the scenes of the events in Jerusalem and travelled the traditional route from the reported location of Pilate’s house to Calvary practised the devotional exercise of visiting and praying in front of each of the 14 stations and thinking on the Passion of Christ. Mary, Jesus’ mother, is said to have placed stone markers outside her home outside of Jerusalem to prayfully retrace the steps of her son’s Passion, although the origin of the devotion in its current form is unknown. The number of stations found in Jerusalem at the time was far lower than 14. Ways of the Cross were built in Europe in the early 16th century, and the tradition of 14 stations is thought to have originated with the best-known of them, that at Leuven (1505). The Franciscans propagated the practise for a long time, and in the 18th century, they catered to Western Christian devotional feelings by establishing 14 stations in Jerusalem. The Via Lucis (the Way of Light), in which the meditations centre on the resurrected Christ, has just been added to the conventional stations.
In honour of Christ’s Crucifixion on Good Friday, prayerful meditation via the Stations of the Cross is especially popular during Lent and on Fridays throughout the year. Individually or in a community, the devotion is especially essential in Roman Catholic, Anglican, and Lutheran traditions. “We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you,” is a prayer that is usually said at each station. Because you have redeemed the world through your holy cross,” and a reading from a pertinent portion of Scripture. Both St. Francis of Assisi and St. Alphonso Maria de’ Liguori produced Stations of the Cross devotional instructions that are still used today.
Similar Free PDF’S
Download Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF For Free
You can download the Stations of the Cross 2022 in PDF format using the link given Below. If the PDF download link is not working, let us know in the comment box so that we can fix the link.Stations-of-the-Cross-2022-PDF-Download